We are looking for Product Implementation Engineers to join our teams in Mumbai and Bangalore.
Quick Glance of the job:
It is a technical role with extensive customer facing responsibilities. You will work along with a Project Manager and other team members to implement AppsOne technology in customer enterprise environments. You will also work directly with the client and travel to the client site when needed. Serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
This is a great opportunity to get into the ITOA space and deploy one of the strongest emerging technologies in the field of IT Ops.
Technologies you must be well-versed with:
- RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL/MsSQL)
- Scripting in Perl or Shell Script or Expect
- Tomcat or JBoss or WebSphere or WebLogic
- Any Unix/Linux Platform, Windows Platform
Location(s) of Job: Bangalore and Mumbai
Minimum/Maximum Work Experience Required:
- 2-6 years of experience, preferably in the IT Management / APM Field
- Should have at least 2 years’ experience in one of the Unix based operating systems - Linux, AIX, Solaris & HPUX
- Should have at least 2 years’ experience in one of the database systems
- Experience in Windows Server operating system and administration skills is an added advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience working on distributed enterprise software product
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or implementation engineer.
- It would be great if you have an exposure to 1 or more of the following business domains:- Banking/Ecommerce/Manufacturing (Must have worked with a client in any one of the domains in your career history)
Key Functions & Roles:
- Develop a deep understanding of the AppsOne solution suite and its capabilities through training and hands-on experience. Major responsibilities in the lifecycle of client deployment process for each phase
- Understand & document client application landscape and infrastructure
- Fetch details of known application, infrastructure outages and pain points
- Understand customers’ requirements and translate them to specific monitoring requirements.
- Develop the implementation plan for AppsOne based on the Discovery – transactions to monitor, KPIs to collect, configuration details, scripting requirements, Forensic actions (if applicable)
- Review the plan and get sign-off from the client project manager
- Hands-on implementation and configuration of AppsOne to monitor the client.
Applications & infrastructure
- Ensure on time delivery of tasks and completion of AppsOne implementation milestones
- Track the support requirements and interface with the AppsOne support team for quick resolutions
- Manage the AppsOne patch updates and upgrades on an ongoing basis
- Ensure and document full deployment of AppsOne product in client's environment
- Continuously monitor and improve the deployments.
- Troubleshooting configuration/environment/application server issues.
- Lead regular meetings with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Provide feedback to engineering and product management team to improve features of the product and packaging.
- You must be able to independently write and trouble-shoot scripts in Bash / Perl / SQL.
- You should be familiar with basic tasks of any one of the databases such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Should be able to create and run basic database SQL queries or Stored Procedures
- Must be able to gather requirements from customers and translate it into clear SOW documents.
- Knowledge of Database tuning & Data lifecycle management.
- Basic System Administrator skills (Shell Scripting / Automation)
Technical Value Add:
- Analyze the alerts and issues identified by AppsOne to prepare a detailed Root Cause Analysis report
- Fine tune AppsOne configuration based on analysis of alerts
- Provide insights to Client on changes, enhancements required in their infrastructure based on analysis of AppsOne alerts
- Train client / Appnomic monitoring team on features of AppsOne and using it to proactively monitor performance in their environment as well as use the product to identify bottlenecks as needed
- Document best practices in deploying AppsOne in customer environments
- Should have good understanding of infrastructure management processes; good understanding of process framework like ITIL is an added advantage.
- Hands-on implementation experience on the APM Tools
Soft Skills must have:
- Good communication (written & oral)
- Good presentation skills, business analysis skills, self-initiated, quick learner.
- You should be open to domestic and international travel. (Approx. 35% travel expected.)
- No of rounds of Interviews: 1 round of telephonic discussion + 2 rounds of technical interviews.
- Work Timings: As per company policy.
- Travel & Allowance: As per company policy
You can make a real difference at Appnomic and with your career because we are ready to accelerate our growth as we attract top talent to join our team.